The Dent Academy aims to educate and implement the relevant framework and standards in a 2 week intensive course in both theory and practical units to successfully repair door dings & dents. From a career perspective, Dents and Dings is mainly for local shops and sole traders looking to work in their current area and grow their existing skills to offer more services to their clients and by offering additional products whereby increasing their revenue.
Duration: Up to 2 Weeks
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Delivery Mode: Face-to-Face
HOW IT WORKS
Learn the basics to get started and take on any door dent challenge.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Your Roadmap From Rookie to Dints & Dings Certified
- Introduction // Overview
- PDR Tools // Safety Precautions
- Tool Kart Setup
- LED Light Reading // Positioning
- Repair Levels // Focus Levels
- Pushing Rhythms // Locating & Repairing
- Leverage // Tool selection
- Locate and tracking Framework
- Tapping Down
- Feather & Pressure hold Framework
- Glue Pulling // Slide Hammer & Mini Lifter
We want you to feel confident and armed to take on any hurdles that may arise when you start out doing your first repairs. So, for the next 6 months after your course, we’re on hand for you to turn to with any questions, hiccups or problems you run in to.
Additionally, you will have access to the following 4 Super Sessions:
- Session 1: This session will troubleshoot any questions or issues you have around invoicing and accounts.
- Session 2: This session will provide support and answer any questions you have around a specific problem, repair or job.
- Session 3: This session provides networking opportunities to kick start you in the PDR Industry so you’re well-connected and can find work.
- Session 4: This session is your opportunity to bring any questions you still have to the table to be answered.
One of our main driving factors of creating The Dent Academy was to create reliable PDR technicians we can count on to deliver outstanding work. Upon graduating Dents & Dings, you may be presented with an opportunity to join our HRT team. If we can’t supply work, we’ll do our best to position you with industry players who may be able to provide work.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Founder of The Dent Academy & Hail Response Team (HRT)
Beginning his career as an apprentice boat builder, John transferred his skills into Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) and started working with world-class technicians across 4 different countries. From repair work directly for vehicle manufacturers to fixing brand new cars before they were shipped worldwide, John has personally repaired over 1 000 vehicles – earning him consistent, 6 figure year incomes.
Arriving home, he realised he could raise the standard of Australia’s PDR Industry. HRT was created and specialises in catastrophic repair and damage. John prides himself on creating nothing less than perfection from both himself and his students and is determined to produce an end finish that is considered unachievable in the industry.
“I had absolutely no prior knowledge of what Paintless Dent Removal was or how it was done. I found the training very hands-on, engaging and practical.”Liam WilsonThe Dent Academy Student